Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Writing We Will Go... (originally posted 09-22-11)

I'm reading Adair Lara's book on writing called, "Naked, Drunk, and Writing: Shed Your Inhibitions and Craft a Compelling Memoir or Personal Essay". How's that for a specific title? She talks about how she and a friend compelled each other to write about 500 words a week based on a topic one or the other of them came up with. The catch is that they wouldn't talk about what was bad in the writing. instead, they would highlight in yellow what the reader liked. 

My friend, Poppy (not her real name, but I love that name, so "Poppy" she is...), and I are going to give it a go. At the very least, we'll get a few things back on track and it'll grease my inner brain cogs.

If you're interested in joining in, send a message to me on here.

If I were less busy writing, I'd have more to write here. Okay, that's not true. I've been busy watching all the new sitcoms and what not on TV - which, anyone who knows me knows this is so not like me. I'm the girl who spent 3 years without a TV while living in Berkeley. In fact, I used to leave my curtains open in my little luxury-spared apartment because even though I owned almost nothing except mismatched Tupperware, I still have 3 attempted break-ins. Not only that, my window, which slide open to the left, was left open and the idiots who tried to get in tried to jimmy the lock. Well, at least we know they weren't after the books.

Anyway, maybe if Poppy and I start this, they're be more to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment